The first thing we consume in the mornings is a critical health practice because we are ending an all-night fast. Therefore, what we consume makes a great impact to our health and is easily absorbed by the body. Drinking a glass of warm water with apple cider vinegar, lemon and cayenne pepper will do magical things for your health. This simple and easy drink is AMAZING. The benefits are extensive! Here are all the kick ass benefits you will be reaping by of drinking this tonic first thing in the morning:
• Purifies the colon making it easier to absorb nutrients and improve digestion.
• Balances the lymph system which helps with daily functions, balances body fluids and fights infection.
• Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
• Lowers high blood pressure.
• Restores alkaline acid balance, which relieves problems with diets high in acid-producing foods.
• Helps break down fats, often resulting in weight loss.
• Removes toxins.
• Lemon is a mucus buster.
• Detoxifies and feeds the liver
• Strengthens you immune system, therefor you get sick less
• You will feel lighter
• You will have regular eliminations
• Clearer skin
• More energy
• Boosts you metabolism
I told you it was a kick ass drink, now for the recipe:
Daily Detox drink
*Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach*
12 ounces of warm water. *Make sure you do not use hot water. Using hot water will kill the essential properties of the ingredients. Heat kills vitamins, minerals, enzymes and so on. So warm water only*
Add the juice of half a lemon
Add 2 tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (this can be found at a health food store, Weiss, Wegmans, and even wal-mart)
Dash of cayenne pepper
Stir well and enjoy.
I recommend drinking this through a straw so your teeth are not exposed to the acid.
Wait 10-15 minutes after drinking this before you eat anything else. This gives the body a chance to fully absorb this wonderful drink.
Special note Some people cannot handle the tartness of this drink AT FIRST, I don’t even notice it anymore. So to help you in making the transition, add a teaspoon of raw/local honey to this drink and it will sweeten it right up. As you become accustomed to the taste, you can begin to dial back on the honey until you are consuming it with no added sweetener. Keep at it, this drink is worth it, and your body will thank you for it.